ABOUT ABS AND CERTIFICATION
The American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) is a maritime classification society established in 1862. Its stated mission to promote the security of life, property and the natural environment, primarily through the development and verification of standards for the design, construction and operational maintenance of marine and offshore assets
TYPE APPROVAL CERTIFICATION AND RECOGNITION
ABS Type Approval is a voluntary program which provides qualified manufacturers targeting marine and offshore sectors the benefit of a more efficient product certification process.
ABS Type Approval is available for a wide range of products for marine and offshore applications, industrial plant and processes, and the information technology sector. It is practical, client-oriented and flexible.
BENEFITS OF ABS TYPE APPROVAL RECOGNITION
• Faster approval for acceptance on ABS-classed units
• Flexible approach to suit your business needs
• Reduced repetitive engineering review and survey attendance for eligible products
• Demonstration of conformity to recognized industry quality standards and applicable ABS Rules
• Certificates are listed in the ABS Type Approval database, searchable by worldwide ship operators and owners